Exercise: Lesson 22
Consult transliteration table
I. Translate the following phrases into
II. Translate the following sentences into
1. when he fell
2. when they heard
3. after I ate
4. as he said
5. after you called
6. as I thought
7. when we came
8. when it grew
1. After the tree grew, the sky became angry.
2. The child saw the elephant and began to cry.
(begin: ÈÀ£½Õ (S)) (cry: Çê (W))
3. As you said, today it is very cold (i.e.
today the cold is excessive).
4. After eating, please put the mangoes I bought
in the kitchen.
5. He finished his work (once for all).
6. Raja (À÷¨) saw a big cockroach on the
floor and smashed it (once for all). (floor/ground: »ÙÀ).
7. The sorcerer changed the girl into a water
buffalo (once and for all).
8. When you sang that Tamil song, I began to
think about the trip I made to Madras. (trip: ½ÕÀ¿Ôº£)