Sentences for Translation: Reader Lesson
31 and Review
Consult transliteration table
I. Write the following sentences in
1. If you don't give me three rupees, I won't be
able to go with you to the movies.
2. Even if you don't come by six o'clock, you
may speak with me after I eat.
3. If you don't want to hear this song, you may
go outside and return in five minutes. (minutes: ¼Õ¾Õø£)
4. My father never eats in
5. In India people never go inside temples
wearing their shoes. (sandals: ×¶ç¤ä)
6. When I am in Chicago, I never wear a
7. When my friend is in Tamilnadu, she never
speaks in English. (English: Èõ´ÕÁ£)
8. Muttusami (å¢âöÔ¾Õ) eats meat. (meat:
9. My friend speaks Tamil.
10. If mangoes aren't available in the
market, we'll buy bananas (ÂÔÙÃ¤½Ã£).
11. Even if you are exhausted, you must go
out to buy vegetables.
12. Even though I saw him in the crowd, I
didn't call him.
13. As soon as Meena (¾ÖÆÔ) came home,
she began to argue with her mother.