Sentences for Translation: Reader Lessons
33, 34 and Review
Consult transliteration table
I. Write the following sentences in
1. In front of the house there is a big coconut
2. They hid the gold behind the cabinet.
3. Three years ago he was living in Madras.
4. I must go out to buy the things needed
for the trip. (trip: ½ÕÀ¿Ôº£)
5. He doesn't have the skill needed for playing
chess. (skill: ¶Ô¾¯¢»Õ¿£; chess: ¶âÀõ´£)
6. There's no need for you to go to work
7. Here we never work on Suday.
8. Even if you don't finish the lesson today,
please bring what you have written.
9. It is necessary to remove one's shoes
before going inside a temple. (remove: ´Ã±ì (W); sandals: ×¶ç¤ä)
10. On Wednesday Ramaswami (ÀÔ¾öÔ¾Õ) was in
Madras, therefore you couldn't have seen him walking near the Meenakshi
11. Kamala may have bought her saree in
Kanchipuram, but usually the color of a Kanchipuram saree is more beautiful
than the color of her saree. (usually: ×½ç£½Ôè£)
12. Rajan must have forgotten that he said
he would come by six o'clock.
13. Valli realized that never again would see
her friend who had gone to America. (never again = 'henceforth' + neg.
element in sentence)