Sentences for Translation: Reader Lessons
38 and 39
Consult transliteration table
I. Write the following sentences in
1. Have you ever seen a Tamilian with blue
2. All the cattle which belonged to those people
dided in the flood.
3. He has beel listening to that song for the
4. We have been living in this house for
the past seven years.
5. If you had told me that you were coming, I
would have met you at the station. (meet: ¶ÿ»Õ)
6. If your friend had done the job properly,
we wouldn't have scolded him.
7. Because he had studied well, he was able to
write the examination without difficulty. (examination: ½ÀÖ¥Ù¶)
8. Because today is a holiday (»Õç¼Ôª) the
shops in town will be closed. (be closed: ñÜ¿Õç) [ñà (W): cover,