Exercise: Reader Lessons 46-
Consult transliteration table
I. Give Tamil equivalents for the
II. Give two Tamil equivalents for each of the
following sentences, one using Í¨ì and another using the "indirect"
discourse construction (part. noun + È´)
1. By the time I arrived at the train station
(äÙ´ ÂýÜ ¼ÕÙÁ¿£), my friend, not seeing me, had gone to my house alone
in a horsecart (Þ»ÕÙÀ ÂýÜ).
2. It is essential that you find Kannan and
bring him here by eight o'clock. ´ýà ½ÕÜ (S): find; î¥Ü¡×´Ôýà Âç
(W): bring (a person)
3. I have never met a Tamilian with blue eyes.
¶ÿ»Õ (S): meet
4. I never study Tamil after ten
1. Kamala said that she would return from Delhi
2. We promised to pay back (i.e., give
back) the money we borrowed (ÂÔõÞ) from Arumukan (Èìå´¨) on
3. You told me that you would go with me
tomorrow to talk with our teacher about (our) exam.