Yuka Santhi: Exercise No.
Consult transliteration table
I. Translate the following sentence into
1. Velayutam stood aside out of fear that
the thief would see him.
2. Gouri stayed away from the temple out of
fear that the priests would speak to her.
3. In the hope that she would find her
daughter, she went to the bus station.
4. In the fear that I would not do well in
the examination, I remained awake all night.
5. On account of her dead husband, Gouri
went daily to the temple.
6. On account of the comfort it gave her,
she took her dead sister's child in.
7. What Gouri saw in her son was the
reincarnation of her dead husband.
8. The fear that the barber felt was that he
would touch Gouri.
9. The comfort it gave her was that Githa would
not live alone.